Please note: Data for this portal is pending.
Information about using the portal:
- Login is not required
Some datasets will have to be downloaded to view or use:
- Shapefiles (which are zipped files) are viewed using software such as ArcGIS or ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop, which is a free viewer from Esri (https://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/explorer/)
- Text files can be viewed on most computers with a native default viewer that reads this type of data
- PDFs can be viewed and/or downloaded and read with Adobe Acrobat (free reader from https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html) or any other PDF reader software
- There are additional options if the dataset is a spatial service. The service can be opened in a provided webmap viewer, ArcGIS (if installed), the free ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop (if installed), etc. and several services can be loaded together to make custom maps using ArcGIS or the web viewer supplied by the site. However, this site is really not intended for making custom maps from services, this site is for discovery of resources. Think of it as a search engine in the traditional sense (search by key word) and with the addition of search by spatial.
- To learn more, view the video Introduction to a geoportal at the Jornada