|Title||Past and Present Research on the Jornada Experimental Range and Future Needs|
|Year of Publication||1912|
The Jornada Range was set aside for experimental purposes by presidential proclamation in 1912. From 1912 to 1915 it was controlled by the Bureau of Plant Industry. From 1915 to 1953 it was under the jurisdiction of the Forest Service. In 1953 all range seeding research for domestic livestock and grazing management on rangelands not integrated in use with national forest ranges was transferred to the Agricultural Research Service. So, since 1953, the Jornada has been operated by the Arid Pasture and Range Section, Crops Research Division of the ARS.